RFYC AiScout Virtual Football Trials: The Hunt Is On!
With social distancing woes and lockdown restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, football aspirants spent the whole year locked indoors. Reliance Foundation Young Champs (RFYC) found a way to turn this uncertain situation into a positive opportunity for the young footballers stuck at home.
With talent unreachable by traditional means, RFYC used the AiSCOUT platform to conduct remote, virtual football trials. despite the government lockdown. With nearly 2000 sign-ups and over 1000 virtual trials completed, the RFYC trials fever gripped all of India. Also, Richard Felton-Thomas, COO & Director of Sports Science at AiSCOUT, expressed his appreciation, saying, "The Indian players have extremely high levels of motivation and great determination."
The RFYC - AiScout Virtual Football Trials were a breath of fresh air for football talent; even getting parents involved recording the videos for the trialsTo become an RF Young Champ, the player requires a few qualities that will demonstrate their skills beyond the turf.. "It's not just 100% commitment on the pitch, but off the pitch as well," says Steve Charles, Head of Scouting at RFYC.
Durva Vahia, Head of Performance at RFYC, stated that RFYC aims to target the holistic development of players. "The objective of the performance department is to make sure that the players are as good as they can be in all aspects, so we look at everything from growth, maturation, and puberty to fitness levels and technical and tactical performance," she said.
So, how do you get scouted by RFYC?
Here’s a stepwise guide to sign up on the AiScout app and send your entries:
- Download the iOS / Android app
- Sign up with an email address
- Enter your profile details
- Make sure to enter your region - India
- Enter the right age group
- Record your videos using the camera app
- Align the camera at the right angle
- Upload your videos
- You can also upload your highlights!
Here are a few points to keep in mind while registering:
- The trials are scored out of 10 assessing different parameters
- The process to get selected is mapped across 3 trials
- Only aspirants born between Jan 1, 2008 and Dec 31, 2009 are eligible to be scouted this season.
If you’re interested in registering for the RFYC trials, we’ve got all your questions covered!
- Who can apply for these trials?
A: AiSCOUT encourages participation from aspirants of all age groups. However, for the 2021/22 season, RFYC will only be selecting children born between January 1, 2008, and December 31, 2009.
- What equipment do I need to do the drills and trials?
A: Most trials require you to have at least two balls in the official size for your age. Some trials also require cones, or other similar-sized objects, to use as markers. You can use large rocks as an alternative to cones for example.
- How do I sign up for these trials?
A: Here's what you need to do -
- Download the AiSCOUT app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Register yourself. Remember to input your correct name, date of birth, and location.
- Upload a video of yourself completing the NRS trials.
- After completing all the NRS drills and receiving your score, you proceed to the RFYC trials.
- Upload a video of yourself completing all the drills mentioned in the RFYC trials, and you're done.
- The app will then give you a score and feedback. Our coaches and scouts will then evaluate all entries, and selected applicants will be invited to the final selection camp!
- How many times can I do these trials?
A: Each trial has 3 available entries but you only need to do 1. If you want to try and improve your score then you can use entries 2 and 3
- Does the number of attempts affect my score?
A: No, you can just do one. We will take your best score from the 3 available entries if you choose to do more than one.
- Do I need a minimum score in the NRS to unlock the RFYC trials?
A: No. The NRS trials are step one of a 2 step process. There are no minimum score requirements to unlock the RFYC trials. However, you do have to complete all the NRS drills to unlock the RFYC trials
- Is there a minimum quality for the video to be uploaded?
A: No. You just need to ensure the player, ball and objects are clearly visible and identifiable.
- Does video quality affect my score?
A: No. If the player, ball, and objects are visible then it will be scored accurately. If any of these elements are not visible then the video will return a fail error to inform you of a problem and you will be asked to upload a new video.
- What happens once I complete both sets of trials?
A: Once you complete the NRS and RFYC trials, RFYC coaches and scouts will evaluate all entries, and select a group of players to be invited for our final selection camp. From there, 16 players will be invited to train at RFYC.
- When do the trials end?
A: Trials end on October 20, 2021. So get your trials in while you still can!
Check out the entire LIVE Session here:
Overall, the trials have helped the scouts get back in touch with the grassroots talent who aim to be RFYC players. We are eager to receive more entries and nurture the next generation of Indian football talent!